Job Opportunity: Traditional Buildings Inspector
Job opportunity for a BUILDING PROFESSIONAL OR CRAFTSPERSON for the role of Traditional Buildings Inspector with our team.
SALARY RANGE £30,000 – £35,000
FIXED TERM to end March 2022
The Traditional Buildings Health Check is a proactive building maintenance service operated by Stirling City Heritage Trust.
We provide advice and inspection services to traditional property owners in Stirling.
This is a unique opportunity to work on the first project of its kind in Scotland.
As Traditional Buildings Inspector you would:
- Work as part of a 2-person team to carry out detailed fabric inspections on traditional buildings in Stirling.
- Identify, assess and prioritise building defects and repair requirements and present findings in a detailed report.
- Undertake support services including preparing small repair schedules and advising on grant eligible external fabric repairs funded by the Trust.
To meet this role we seek an individual with
- A minimum 2 years PQE (Chartered Building Surveyor or Architect with appropriate professional body membership), sound building pathology and maintenance experience including a track record of working with traditional buildings and Scottish construction methods. OR
- Expert (demonstrable) craft / construction experience of working on typical traditional Scottish buildings with SVQ level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in roofing, stonemasonry or similar traditional building skill. (In exceptional cases proof of at least 10 years relevant traditional buildings experience may be considered in lieu of qualification). AND
- Excellent communication and ICT skills and a flexible approach to the role.
- Well organised with the ability to self-manage a busy workload.
- A passion for Scotland’s traditional buildings and an enthusiastic approach to feed into the development of the service.
Secondments will be considered
Download individual sections of application pack. Please make sure you download all sections:
Letter from Trust Manager
1. Job Description
2. Application Form
3. Occupational Health Job Analysis Form
4. Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
5. SCHT Job Applicant Privacy Notice
6. SCHT information sheet
Download the whole pack as a ZIP File. NB: You will need WinZip or similar to open this file.
Closing Date: Thursday 22 April 2021 at noon
Interview date: week commencing 3 May 2021