This large red sandstone tenement which straddles two streets, is an excellent example of the influence of Art Nouveau on McLuckie & Walker’s work.
The building was erected for Lawsons Ltd and housed their furniture and upholstery department. The company was founded in 1856 by Ex-Baillie Robert Lawson and they had branches in Glasgow, Ayr, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh.
Over the years the building has been home to generations of Stirlingshire people. In 1903 inhabitants included John Crae, a perambulator maker, and William McIntosh, a hairdresser.