53-71 Barnton Street
This substantial building is at a gateway point in the entrance to Stirling from the north. Designed in 1897 by Stirling architects McLuckie & Walker, it was suffering from water ingress due to failing gutters, poor slating and disrepair to the chimneys.
The Trust funded the re-slating of the roof, new gutters and rebuilding of the chimneys as well as repairs to the sash and case windows. This work has substantially improved the appearance of this building and ensured that the roof and gutters are now fully functioning.
The project was completed in April 2018. There are plans to repair and enhance the shopfronts in 2019.