52-54 King Street
This prominent building at the corner of Friars Street and King Street was built for the Bank of Scotland in 1836. In a Classical style, it was suffering from problems with water ingress in the roof and damage to the stone balustrade. It had also been largely vacant for a number of years.
The project was on site in March 2018 and involved re-slating, new lead gutters and repairs to the stone balustrade and chimneys. Timber sash and case windows were also repaired and overhauled.
The project was completed in September 2018 and the property is to be fitted out as a public house and due to open in 2019.